SkySmaak

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SkySmaak
SkySmaak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
Latest topics
» Lessen your pain with exercises
fun ok cafe~ EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am by Clack

»  Audio Mastering
fun ok cafe~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm by minic

» Ashtang Ayurveda: The ultimate way to understand Ayurveda
fun ok cafe~ EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:02 pm by Parhizgar

» Scouting for fresh faces
fun ok cafe~ EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 pm by BlockChing

» Long term relationship advice
fun ok cafe~ EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 pm by WC007

» Sarpagandhi’s significance in Ayurveda
fun ok cafe~ EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 pm by johnmal

» Vote for your top 20 now!
fun ok cafe~ EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 am by yie chuen

» Mastering the Records
fun ok cafe~ EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm by LANDERDO

» Help protect all women! Fight Cervical Cancer!
fun ok cafe~ EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm by yie chuen

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

fun ok cafe~

Go down

fun ok cafe~ Empty fun ok cafe~

Post by woeini Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm

fun ok cafe~ 1_190611

fun ok cafe~ 1_493111www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=43&u=15817145]fun ok cafe~ 1_275611[/url]

fun ok cafe~ 1_451211

fun ok cafe~ 1_562711

fun ok cafe~ 1_597511

fun ok cafe~ 1_637511

fun ok cafe~ 1_695611

fun ok cafe~ 1_748511

fun ok cafe~ 1_802511

With a name like that, you would’ve expected it to be a karaoke or something. But if I am not mistaken, it’s a direct translation from a cantonese word that meant … Return Home.

fun ok cafe~ Untitl12

fun ok cafe~ Untitl13

I told you this article is going to be different. Now you’ll have to live through the rest of my babbles. Might as well .. since you’ve already started. Fun OK Cafe is no doubt a cute place to visit. You’ll not miss the bright green signage as you drive along the Connaught main road in Cheras. Located on the top floor, you’ll have to endure 3 flights of stairs to get up there. As you enter the cafe, you can help but noticing folks dressed in pajamas smiling and greeting you. You then realize they are actually the waiters in this ‘homely’ establishment.

The surprise doesn’t end there. Look around and you’ll spot washing machines, half-cut barrels, toilet seats decorated as dining tables and chairs. You’ll not find duplicate sets of dining tables as every single one of them is unique, in it’s own …. fancy ways. A black old refrigerator stands next to the entrance and when you opens it up, you’ll find boxes of toys instead of chilled drinks or food.

Ordering food in here is not easy task either. Menu comes in form of photo albums with great looking food photographs. Food choices are plentiful but limited to finger foods and light main courses.

Fried noodles, fried rice, western food …. basically a good mix of eastern and western. I decided to try a good variety so I choose to start with Seafood Tomyam Soup and proceeded with Chicken Chop and finally Colorful Fried Rice. The Seafood Tomyam Soup was pretty normal, not too spicy but quite sour. Tasted like it was prepared from stocks … tomyam stocks. Maggi maybe.

As for the Chicken Chop, nothing spectacular. Fries. Salad. And a slice of chicken meat with plenty of sauce. The Colorful Fried Rice. Sigh. I don’t even feel like mentioning it. Dry. Tasteless. Condiments …. almost non-existence.

72A, Jalan Cerdas,
Taman Connaught,
56100 Cheras Kuala Lumpur
Cuisine :Chinese
Business Hour :Sun~Thurs:12pm -12am Fri – Sat:12pm -2am

e-mail address:funokcafe@hotmail.com

Last edited by woeini on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:31 am; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : add photo)

woeini

Back to top Go down